Samsung PM983 SSD: Best-in-Class for Enterprise
Samsung’s all-flash solutions for heavy workloads deliver unrivalled performance, reliability and capacity without bottlenecks.
Top Solution for Diverse Applications: High Performance in a Small Form Factor
PM983 offers tremendous performance for Read-Intensive data centers by applying PCIe Gen 3, achieving 540K IOPS in Random Read and 3000 MB/s in sequential read speed. Using impressively low power in small form factors (2.5”, M.2), PM983 delivers an efficient SSD solution for mixed data workloads.
The Samsung SSD PM983 presents outstanding performance with instant responsiveness to the host system, by applying the Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) 3.0 interface standard, as well as highly efficient Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Protocol.
The Samsung SSD PM983 delivers wide bandwidth of up to 3,000MB/s for sequential read speed and up to 1,400MB/s for sequential write speed under up to 8.0W power. With the help of Toggle 3.0 NAND Flash interface, the Samsung SSD PM983 delivers random performance of up to 480KIOPS for random 4KB read and up to 42KIOPS for random 128KB write in the sustained state.
By combining the enhanced reliability Samsung NAND Flash memory silicon with NAND Flash management technologies, the Samsung SSD PM983 delivers the extended endurance of up to 1.3 drive writes per day over 3 years, which is suitable for enterprise applications, in M.2 form factor lineups: 960GB, 1.92TB and 3.84TB.
In addition, the Samsung SSD PM983 supports Power Loss Protection (PLP). PLP solution can guarantee that data issued by the host system are written to the storage media without any loss in the event of sudden power off or sudden power failure.
• High Capacity M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.
• High Speed with Low Latency.
• Enhanced Reliability, Better Performance.
• Best Solution for Heavy Demands.
• Reliable Storage, 24/7 Operation.
• Top Solution for Diverse Applications.
• M.2 PCIe NVMe Interface.
• PCI Express Gen3 Single port X4 lanes.
• Compliant with PCI Express CEM Specification Rev. 3.0.
• Compliant with PCI Express Base Specification Rev. 3.1.
• Compliant with NVM Express Specification Rev. 1.2b.
• Enhanced Power-Loss Data Protection.
• End-to-End Data Protection.
• Support SSD Enhanced S.M.A.R.T. Feature Set.
• Hardware based AES-XTS 256-bit Encryption Engine.
• Static and Dynamic Wear Levelling.
• RoHS / Halogen-Free Compliant.
• TCG Opal Compliant.